Community Initiatives Assistant
Community Initiatives Associate
Please send cover letter and resume to:
United Way of Broome County, Inc.
PO Box 550
Binghamton, NY 13902
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
This position is responsible for providing support within the Community Initiatives Department. The primary roles of the Community Initiatives Assistant are to support the Community Initiatives Associate, by assisting with the daily operational activities that advance the United Way’s Community Impact business model, as well as to provide support to other United Way of Broome County initiatives. He/she is responsible for working in partnership with United Way of Broome County staff, community partners, community coalitions, volunteers, and other stakeholders to ensure effective communication and trust between all parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Community Initiatives meetings including: Impact Council meetings, Capacity Building Committee meetings, Partner Accountability Committee meetings, Community Conversations, and others as may arise during the course of the year. This includes but is not limited to scheduling all required meetings, as well as recording attendance and minutes.
- Assist the Community Initiatives Associate in the timely and effective dissemination of Community Investment opportunities to all eligible organizations. These opportunities include the Strategic Priority Grant Program, Capacity Building Grant Program, Emergency Grant Program, and others as may be made available throughout the year.
- Organize the scheduling of site-visits to funded community partners by communicating with funded community partner staff, United Way of Broome County staff, and committee volunteers.
- Prepare all funding agreements for signature which shall include the creation of relevant attachments and associated letters.
- Assist the Community Initiatives Associate in monitoring compliance of funded programs with stated program deliverables including activities and outcomes.
- Under the direction of the Community Initiatives Associate, review and respond to inquiries from funded partners including but not limited to reporting requirements, payments, budget modifications, and compliance issues in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on all Community Initiatives Department contacts in Microsoft Outlook, ANDAR, and any other relevant database. This will include but not be limited to non-profit organizations, government agencies, volunteer organizations, and community volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the effective operation of United Way of Broome County.
- Coordinate the processing of all check requests and expense reimbursements from the Community Initiatives Department with the Finance Department.
Education and Experience Required
- High school diploma with at least five year experience in a clerical, administrative, or office role with experience in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Familiarity with other technology is helpful.
- Verbal and written communication skills to include the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely, engage others, and take into consideration the perspectives of others.
- Operational planning skills to include the ability to allocate resources based on priorities, maintain accountability, utilize personnel and other resources efficiently to accomplish projects, and anticipate and plan for potential obstacles.
- Problem solving and decision making skills to include the ability to identify, analyze, organize, and solve problems in a timely and effective manner; and to use data and inputs from others to make sound decisions.
- Interpersonal skills to include the ability to appeal to reason, values, or emotion to generate enthusiasm for the work, commitment to task objectives, or compliance with orders and requests; and the ability to build leverage, and maintain mutually positive relationships which provide support for and add value to United Way, its programs, and the community.
Sitting, Standing, Lifting, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects.